Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My life is stranger than fiction

Okay, I'm back after a five month hiatus. What a long, strange trip its been.

Updates:

Just finished school (yeahhh!!) - all "A's"! One more year to go. Ten more stinkin' classes - BUT - they are all on-line. I can handle that.

Filing for divorce soon (but not soon enough). Waiting for mortgage modification so I can stay in the house until the kids get out of high school (youngest). Trying to get caught up on the mortgage before filing!! Sucks.

Have determined that (hopefully) soon-to-be-ex might be slightly crazy. He threw a complete nutty on 18-yr-old daughter last Friday for NOT going out with friends and partying! God forbid we have a responsible, mature daughter that wants to study for her finals and write papers for college. What a terrible shame. Have determined that soon-to-be-ex's GF is not only crazy, but downright certifiable. Having *NO* contact with his GF has been a wonderful thing (yeah, I know - that is just plain fucked up that I even ever had contact with her - that is part of "stranger than fiction" part; to be expounded upon at a later date).

Have made some incredible new friends this year (you know who you are!).

Have (unfortunately) attracted a fairly creepy attorney (no - not my divorce attorney). Daily frickin' emails from him wanting to get together for drinks/bite to eat and/or dirty jokes. Flattering (a little), but he is a typical attorney - just wants to talk about himself, and is pretty full of himself. [Sorry to any attorneys reading this; I know that you're not all the same! BUT - it does seem that male attorneys of a certain age ARE pretty much the same.] Waiting to get my grade posted before I totally blow him off. Oh yeah - I didn't mention that?? He was one of my professors!

Inherited a 15-year-old niece (now living with me) due to a difficult home situation (which I am completely AND legally embroiled in). Just adding to the fun!!!! And crap, who knew that adding one more member to the household could generate that *much* laundry!!! Wow.

I haven't been feeling too "pink" lately; more "blue". I'm going to wait it out; don't really want to change the name of my blog to "In the Blue" - sounds depressing!

Haven't followed through on many (any??) of my New Year resolutions. Still smoking (but a lot less); still biting my nails :( ; yada, yada, yada.

Kids are great (thank you God). If they are good, then I'm good. But -I need some resolution; some calm in my life. Boy oh boy, I'm hoping that the next couple of months will be better.

No comments: